About this event
Are you looking for a way to keep your mental and physical health balanced and at ease with the stresses of daily life?
Are you confused by all of the mixed messages out there in regards to how to stay healthy and well?
Would you like to improve your physical and mental health while addressing the little issues creeping up that no one seems to have an answer for?
This training will provide you with an essential foundation in Tibetan Medicine five elements theory, the practical tools for holistic self-care at home and a hands-on experience of balancing your body, energy and mind.
Traditional Tibetan Medicine teaches that prevention and treatment are highly personalized and that there is not one way that is good for everyone . Through Traditional Tibetan Medicine you learn how to balance your diet and lifestyle according to the unique circumstances of your own life. With this knowledge you are able to understand what your mind and body need to stay in balance, empowering you to utilize the essence of any health and wellness system according to your own needs. Self-care through diet and lifestyle is the foundation for maintaining health and preventing disease.
In this program you will dive deeply into the aspects of Tibetan Medicine study which pertain to self-care with special focus on stress management, chronic disease prevention, and building your very own constitutional health plan.
Topics and Activities Include:
- A guided 7-day Tibetan Medicine Wellness Challenge (see below for details)
- Learning Practical Stress Management Techniques including Self-Massage and Home Remedies
- Mindful Breathing and Movement Exercises including Harmonious Breathing, Tibetan Yantra Yoga and Khaita Joyful Dances
- Health and Disease according to Tibetan Medicine
- General & Personalised Healthy Eating Guidelines
- General & Personalised Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Seasonal Health Tips
- Using Spices for Health
- Personalised Constitutional Health Plan
Guided 7-day Tibetan Medicine Wellness Challenge
- On the afternoon of Sunday 22nd, you will be provided with a structured 7-day Tibetan Medicine Wellness challenge to begin Monday 23 March. It will include a daily routine for each participant including:
- Daily schedule for optimal wellness
- Dietary guidelines for optimal digestive health
- Morning Routine: meditation, metabolic elixir, exercises
- Lunchtime liver and blood elixir
- Evening Routine: breathing and down-time practices, rejuvenation elixir, intermittent fasting protocol, sleep hygiene schedule
During the 7-day Wellness Challenge you will be provided with ongoing support through a dedicated Facebook group. On the final day of the Wellness Challenge you will get a live online bonus session to go over your experiences and help you begin your journey launching your own personalized constitutional health plan.
Menpa Matthew Schmookler
Matthew Schmookler completed the Shang Shung Institute School of Tibetan Medicine four-year program in 2009. There he studied under the celebrated Tibetan physician Menpa Phuntsog Wangmo. He then spent several months interning with master Tibetan Medicine doctors at the Tso Ngon Tibetan Medicine College at Qinghai University where he received the Menpa Degree. Matthew went on to be authorized by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu to teach Tibetan Medicine. He is also a certified Instructor of Tibetan Yantra Yoga, Harmonious Breathing and Khaita Joyful Dances.
Matthew serves on the Board of Directors of the Shang Shung School of Tibetan Medicine, helping to develop and implement international educational programs. Matthew has offered guest lectures and teachings at venues including Five Branches University, San Francisco State University, Stanford School of Medicine, Smith College, the Berkeley West Coast Dzogchen Community Center, The Richmond Tibetan Community Center, as well as venues in Spain, Italy, Mexico, Moscow and more. With over 15 years of experience in holistic health and wellness practice Matthew co-founded Sowa Wellness, a Bay Area mobile wellness company. He is a California Certified Massage Therapist specialized in Tibetan Kunye Massage.
Saturday 21 March: 9am-12:30pm & 3pm-6:30pm
Sunday 22 March: 9am-12:30pm & 3pm-6:30pm
Live Online Bonus Session
Terms & Conditions